Mixing media types such as paint, pastels, colored pencils, and inks is an example of Subtractive Color Mixing. Here are some tips for mixing your favorite colors!
· Most colors can be achieved by mixing the primary colors with black or white.
· Mix darker colors into lighter colors in small amounts at a time. Dark colors can quickly overpower lighter ones.
· Mix opaque (solid) colors into transparent (see-through) colors in small amounts at a time.
· Red + Yellow = Orange
· Red + Blue = Purple
· Yellow + Blue = Green
· Red + Blue + Yellow = Brown
· White + Black = Gray
· Mix in a color’s complement to dull it down.
Can you make a work of art by mixing different colors only using red, blue, yellow, black, and white? Share your work of art in the comments below or with the hashtag #wfmaartstories #wfmamsutexas #wfmaathome